The people you choose to have in your bridal party are generally the ones who have played important roles in your life. They might be your best friend, your sister or your cousin. I do think that this is one troublesome choice for many couples—to have a decision about their bridesmaids and groomsmen. Some people just have so many good friends that not choosing any one of them will be awkward for their relationships later. However, you have to make a decision. Here are some suggestions that may not help you to solve this problem directly but can offer some advice for you.
1. Choose someone who is really close to you to be your maid of honor.
2. Not all of your friends will be free during your wedding days, so choose people who are willing and able to devote the time and energy. By the way, he or she should be a good helper.
3. If you have to invite all of them to be the bridal party, then allocate them with different tasks like doing a reading or ushering.
4. Many people hold an idea that the more people present on the wedding the better. Well, I have to say that this is just make none sense. Don’t include anyone in your bridal party who really isn’t necessary. If you think your wedding will be fine without a flower girl then don’t have one. Try to avoid unnecessary trouble on your big day.
5. Some people may feel a bit sensitive about the number; for example, they think that the number of bridesmaids and groomsmen must be the same. There is no need to keep to a particular number. You can of course have four bridesmaids and three groomsmen – it won’t ruin your wedding.
6. It might be a good idea to ask your fiances sister to be bridesmaid. Even if you’re not that close, this is often a diplomatic decision, which is helpful for your future relationship with the in-laws.
At last, don’t wait until the day of the wedding to introduce your bridal party. By the way, don’t worry if you think your attendants are ‘too married’, too old, too young or too tall. The important thing is what it means to have them by your side at the wedding. They are the one that you want to be the witness of your big day. The rest are just nothing at all.